isn't the default limit 16k, this is a warning that he's close to the limit,
but yeah, creating a new DB will zero it out, or you can bump the limit in
the DB (not sure what the limit is in '03, but '07 the hard limit per db is
32k or so).  of course that requires a dismount/mount of the DB though.

We've hit this limit a few times due to many custom apps that dump a slew of
custom x-headers.  The biggest issue we saw as a result was from IMAP
clients, they received "Server Error 15" and would end up timing out causing
for a bad IMAP experience.

-alex