Glad I am not the only who scratched their head on this one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Troy Meyer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:48 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Laptop Login

I am curious how this works..

Technically there is no account on the laptop, just cached credentials and
since the domain can't be reached, no lockout has been reported.  Jim said that
GPO can give an unlock period, but I would be surprised if there wasn't a
default time period for this.

I don't know that our remote users experience account lockouts when they can
reach the domain ( and believe me, we would hear about this if it was possible
).  Though all of our remotes are XP.

Interesting.... When I get a couple minutes I need to shutdown and undock my
vista laptop and try this out.

-troy