  From: Benjamin Zachary - Lists
  To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
  Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:32 AM
  Subject: postini & backscatter

  I have a client whos been using postini for quite some time, about 100
mailboxes, and recently has been noticing a lot of backscatter sitting in his
queues.

  Now, from the few times I used postini, you setup a mailbox on their system
and then it redirects mail. So he shouldn't be sending out ndr's to people who
don't exist because the mail should never get to his server. Im going to check
the firewall, which has been set to only allow smtp/25 from the postini ip
range.  Im also wondering if this could be from his bes server he setup in the
past couple of months, that maybe its coming from the phones? Or he has a virus
internally, which I doubt, but we are doing a full scan and going through smtp
logs now.