From: Davies,Matt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 9:33 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange 2003 Disaster Recovery

If you just want to prove that you can recover the data, you can try the
following.

On a separated network:

        Create a new DC with the same domain name,

        Export the user details from the production domain to the test domain

        Create a new Exchange server again the with same domain name (The DC
and the exchange server can be the same box)

        Change the  exchange legacyDN attribute to be the same, as your
production network

        Restore the database from backup.

        Use the mailbox reconnect tool to give you access to the data.

If I have missed any steps anyone feel free to step in.

Thanks

Matt