Terrible wait time for Outlook Anywhere on one of my ISPs...  Curious
why.

3 ISPs right now:

1 Comcast 8Mbps (Speedtest.net = 16 Mbps)
2 Muni Wfi 6Mbps (Speedtest.net = 9 Mbps)
3 Sprint EVDO Rev. A (Work laptop) (Speedtest.net = <1 Mbps)

Exchange box is hosted on a 10 Mbps uplink.
Tested with XP, Vista, Outlook 2003, 2007, all Cached Mode.

When I am on my Comcast or Sprint connection, and I open up Outlook, I
am instantly greeted with the password dialog box, and I can connect to
the server instantly upon entering my password.  Perfect.

If I switch to the Muni Wifi connection, Outlook hangs, and I have to
wait over 60 seconds for the password dialog box to appear.  Once I
finally connect, Outlook is sluggish at first... then normal.  It
doesn't seem like a speed issue, because the Muni is MUCH faster than
the EVDO connection, and I don't have this issue on the EVDO connection
at all...  Even using the EVDO card on roam at my cabin I don't see this
issue.

I'm not much of a networking guru, so I am not sure where to start
looking...  Did my due diligence and looked at some KB articles, results
below.

I am a Beta tester on the MuniWiFi, so I have a little closer access to
their advanced support staff, so I want to take the time and research
this.  Some of our emloyees might end up using this MuniWiFi, and I am
debating if I should keep it and ditch Comca$t.

RPCPing results:
Comcast:
RPCPinging proxy server mail.rollouts.com with Echo Request Packet
Sending ping to server
Response from server received: 200
Pinging successfully completed in 530 ms

MuniWifi:
RPCPinging proxy server mail.rollouts.com with Echo Request Packet
Sending ping to server
Response from server received: 200
Pinging successfully completed in 499 ms

Any pointers would be great!  Thanks,

Sam

Sam Cayze
Information Technology Administrator
ROLLOUTS
ONSITE * ON DEMAND
952.279.6218...Direct Dial
612.386.3946...Mobile
www.Rollouts.com <blocked::http://www.Rollouts.com>
www.e-Technicians.net <http://www.e-technicians.net/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachment(s) are intended
only for the designated recipient(s).   Rollouts Incorporated prohibits
use, distribution or transmittal by or to an unintended recipient
without Rollouts' express written approval.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete this email and notify Rollouts.