Ex2k7 is stricter when it comes to RFCs
Mutlipart/related is probably being used in Content-Type rather than
multipart/mixed

Mutlipart/related is usually used for html body with inline images for
which a paperclip will not be shown since inline images are part of
the body (of course that brings up the argument of whether inline
images are really attachments or not)

Anyway, its a strict interpetation of RFC 2387
A good rule of thumb to follow is that Ex2k3 is much looser in rfc
interpetation than E12 as I'm sure we are all painfully discovering
So stuff that "worked" for better or worse in Ex2k3 no longer does in E12