On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:16 AM, David.Ricci <david.ri...@hwinstitute.com> wrote:
> Is a 6 gig mail store large for 2003 sp2 exchange?

  It depends.  Most likely, there is no problem with an IS that size.
But you don't give us much information to work with.  We're not
psychic.

  Exchange itself can handle ISes in the hundreds of gigabytes.
Exchange 2003 Standard is limited to 16 GB prior to SP2.  With SP2,
that's increased to 75 GB, although I can't remember if you have to
set a registry key to ask for it.  (I don't think so; I could be
wrong.)  So in terms of software, you're fine.

  Does the server have enough RAM and disk to provide acceptable
performance with an IS of that size?  Again, it prolly does, but for
all we know you're running on ten year old hardware.

  Does your tape drive or whatever have enough storage capacity to
back that up within your backup period?  What about time-to-restore in
the event of a disaster recovery scenario?

-- Ben