From: Steve Hart [mailto:sh...@wrightbg.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:03 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Whitelist adds

For various sundry and corporate reasons, we've got two Exchange 2007
servers. Each one is running the Exchange anti-spam tools as a hub transport
server. Funding for an external spam solution is lacking. We're using
Spamhaus and a rather long list of ugly words with surprising success.

We have myriads of customers (well at least a notable few) that are running
businesses from their garages with yahoo and aol accounts. Others are using
cheap, not quite so reputable ISPs. We do printing for pharmaceutical
customers and we have at least one customer with an unfortunate last name
that's typically filtered. Whitelist management has become a daily task.

I've adapted an online Exchange Shell script to our use. Adding an address
to the "Server1" whitelist involves a simple text edit to the script and
then running it in the shell. Then I have to remote to the second server and
run the same script there. All in all, it's only five minutes, but five
minutes several times a week is getting annoying.

Is there an easier way to manage these little whitelist additions?