*****Bump*****

From: Thomas Gonzalez
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 11:50 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: question on Delivery Restrictions

Our environment is as follows: Windows 2003 sp1 with Exchange 2003 6.5.7638.1
with Ninja as our line of defense.

So I am trying to prevent our RIM BIS users from connecting up to our server
via OWA, which I see is the source to allow them to retrieve their email. My
question is this: if I set under the ESM à Global Settings à Message Delivery
(Properties) à  Connection Filtering à Global Accept and Deny List
Configuration à Deny and put the RIM IP, will that stop that device from
connecting?

We really do not have a said wireless PDA policy in place, but we are
discussing this issue as being a security hole since the device is not
maintained for wipe / delete through OMA. My thoughts are to be proactive and
try to prevent these users from accessing their email through their personal
RIM product till we put the wireless PDA policy in the employee handbook.

(I know I can disable OWA through the AD Plugin and remove the access but these
users still need OWA.)

TIA,

Thomas Gonzalez

Technology Manager

Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas

210.349.2404 phone
210.403.1586 DID

210.349.2666 fax

www.girlscouts-swtx.org <http://www.girlscouts-swtx.org/>

tgonza...@girlscouts-swtx.org

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not read,
distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed in this
email are those of the author and do not represent those of the Girl Scouts of
Southwest Texas. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no
viruses are present in this email, Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this email or
attachments.

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not read,
distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed in this
email are those of the author and do not represent those of the Girl Scouts of
Southwest Texas company. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make
sure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept