From: William Lefkovics [mailto:will...@lefkovics.net]
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 12:36 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OST's & PST's

>> However, this also affects OST files.

Where did you read this?

From: Brown, Larry [mailto:larry.br...@dplinc.com]
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 7:14 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: OST's & PST's

Exchange 2007 CCR, Outlook 2003 (until later this year...I hope)

We are in the process of getting rid of PST's.

Phase one will be disabling the creation of New PST's, disabling Archiving AND
not allowing email to be added to existing PST's.  Using Outlook11.adm in
Policies I can gray out the ability to create new PST's, disable Archiving and
I can set the maximum size for existing PST's to 1 Meg, which effectively keeps
users from adding emails to their PST's.

However, this also affects OST files.  Since we are using Caching to allow
users the ability to use Junk E-mail, this solution isn't acceptable.  (And
yes, I don't like Caching...not my choice!)

Is there a way to lock down adding email to existing PST's without also locking
down the OST files?  Have I missed something in my research?

 Larry C. Brown
    LAN/WAN CS Support
 Dayton Power & Light
        (937)-331-4922