Chris,

That article is usually talking about 2xchange to Exchange (across
connectors) -- but I've also seen it when Exchange 2003 forwards to
Sendmail.

I'd try the fix in the KB - also had Microsoft analyzing plenty in
that case. They may have had an additional step that I can't remember,
so you may have to reach out to them.

--James

--
Sent from my mobile device