From: Kevan Dickinson [mailto:kevan.dickin...@cmi-plc.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:40 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Problem with Meeting room resource.

Hi

We use meeting rooms as  a resource (As I presume many of you do) to
allow people to book meeting rooms via there Outlook Calandar when
scheduling meetings.

We have had a user access a meeting room calandar directly and book a
private appointment.  Because the meeting has been booked as Private no
one can see who has booked the room.

1)      I need to know who has booked it.

2)      I need to stop this happening in the future.

We don't mind people viewing the meeting room calandars directly but
they must not be able to book them directly.

What permisions should I have on the meeting room mailbox that will
allow people to view and book meeting rooms as a resourcethrough their
Outlook when scheduling a meeting but not be able to edit / book the
meeting by directly opening the meeting room calandar via Outlook
Calandar, File > Open other Peoples Folder > Calandar.

Can anyone help please?

Regards

Kevan Dickinson

Network Manager

NSF-CMI

23 Lodge Road

Hanborough Business Park, Long Hanborough,

Oxford, OX29 8SJ, UK

T:+44 01993 885661

E:kevan.dickin...@nsf-cmi.com

W:www.nsf-cmi.com

********

    ***Disclaimer***

The contents of this Email may be privileged and are confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Should you wish to use Email as a mode of communication, NSF-CMi Ltd and
its subsidiaries are unable to guarantee the security of Email content
outside of our own computer systems.

This footnote also confirms that this Email message has been checked by
MailMarshal for the presence of computer viruses. Whilst we run
anti-virus software, you are solely responsible for ensuring that any
Email or attachment you receive is virus free. We disclaim any liability
for any damage you suffer as a consequence of receiving any virus.

NSF-CMi Ltd
Registered in England No: 1899857
Registered Office 4th Floor, 35 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6BW