From: Jason Gauthier [mailto:jgauth...@lastar.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:55 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: [SPAM] RE: Recipient Policy -- relay denied

I did finally get it working, but I'm not 100% sure what I did.  It seems
that I had to mess around in various SMTP locations.

HMM. Maybe next lab install.

I do want to make a point to address what you said below, though.

An SMTP server can accept email for a domain in which no users exist.

So, adding the email address on a user's mailbox will not solve a relay
issue.  That's more of a destination issue.  Relay determination happens way
before recipient checking.