Definitely a powershell task.  In fact, I think I like the
export-mailbox command BETTER than Exmerge.

Assuming all users are in the same org, mailbox server location
shouldn't matter.  Something generic like

$personlist = Get-content peoplelist.txt

Foreach ($peep in $personlist) {

                Export-mailbox $peep -pstfolderlocation t:\bigshare

}

Of course this assumes permissions on all boxes and that output is all
to the same folder.  If you wanted to organize your output better you
could grab users using get-user -organizationalunit (instead of a text
file) and then throw certain OUs of PSTs to different storage.   The
world is your oyster.

-troy