I believe there is too much corporate paranoia for a 3rd party email
solution on large companies.  Small and medium businesses however...

________________________________

From: Louis, Joe [mailto:jlo...@guardianalarm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:06 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Is Exchange Doomed?

I just find it hard to believe that Google will be replacing Exchange at
the corporate end. While that may be their goal, they've been saying
that for many years. The same holds true for the MS Office "cloud"
model.

Where they are making inroads are at a number of public schools,
colleges, etc that are using Google email brand (but still buying
Office). They are replacing *Nix mail platforms and Netware. Of the ones
I can think of, none of them had Exchange. And I'm sure the schools are
getting a huge break on it (if not for free).

Gmail is great. Not only has it been convenient, but it's been free. I
also don't think that Gmail would be nearly as popular as it is if there
was a cost to the end user.