Just curious if you ever resolved this.  Had something
similar...well...maybe, mine was the last E2k3 PF server in the admin
group.  Because the site folder server had changed I had to restart the SA
service on the new PF server.  Once that was done the remaining PF Instances
on the old PF server were instantly gone and I could delete the PF Store...

-alex