FYI - one of the reasons to put the journal mailbox(es) on a different
database (different sotrage group, really) is so the database and logs
can be on a different disk group than the mailboxes being journaled.

You didn't say how many mailboxes are being journaled...if it's a few
hundred, the performance stuff might not be a concern. If it's
thousands of mailboxes, I've often done a small, dedicated server for
journaling mailboxes (usually regulatory requirements made it worth it
for that peace of mind).

--James

--
Sent from my mobile device