From: Orland, Kathleen [mailto:korl...@rogers.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:20 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: OUTLOOK 2003 VERY SLOW OPENING

If you're using Personal Folders, were they brought over from an earlier
version of Outlook or was a PST created in Outlook 2003 and the contents
of the older PST copied into it?

If the PST is from an earlier version of Outlook, I'm wondering about
the PST size.

In addition, make sure Outlook is really closed. Check the task manager,
OUTLOOK.EXE will typically run for about 10 seconds after closing it. If
it remains open, then there is something that is holding it open (like
FAX software, synch software for a handheld, etc.).