Can you find the logons in your server's IIS logs?  I'm guessing they are going
to show a lot of activity if it came through via OWA.

-Bonnie

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Johnson [mailto:gjohn...@vhcc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:08 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: 2k3 message tracking-Resolved

Thanks to all for the suggestions.
I finally had time to work on this more and found where the two users had
replied to phishing emails, provided their user name and password.
Looks like the phishers have a script that runs against owa and sends out all
the spam.
The guilty users are being dealt with by their supervisors.  I suggested a
clue-by-four upside the head as they been through security training(twice) that
addresses this exact issue.
Oh well, job security.
One last question.
Is it possible to tell if the email were dumped into the exchange server via
owa or an outlook client.
I'm not seeing any reference to Outlook in the messages so I'm leaning towards
OWA.