"There is a look up feature in Blackberry that more than accomplishes this
task of looking for a user.    Of course, if you email a user, it keeps that
in "memory" similar to the outlook nickname file....."

^^ Not on my Blackberry Bold it sure doesn't, i wish it did.

Sure, Blackberry is enterprise level and is "meant" to handle orgs with over
hundreds of thousands of users, I get it. But as I alluded to before, it
would be nice if RIM left the option for admins to either publish the GAL or
not -- especially for us smaller to medium-size orgs who manage hundreds or
even thousands of users.