From: Paul [mailto:paul...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:19 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Unable to Sync iPhone 3Gs to Exchange 2003 SP2

I am trying to help a client setup their iPhone 3Gs to sync to an
Exchange 2003 SP2 server and am unable to get it to work.  I've tested
it with a Windows Mobile 6.1 phone and that works and so does OWA, but
no luck with the iPhone.
They are an extremely small (3 person) company and their email server
sits behind a firewall, and the firewall forwards the HTTP and SMTP
traffic to the exchange server, but they do not use SSL for the
connection. I'm entering the exact same address and credentials used to
get into OWA which as I said work fine with a Windows Mobile device.
The iPhone just says failed to verify credentials, but I don't see any
helpful error messages.
I know the iPhone 3Gs is suppose to work with Exchange, but it must
require something different as part of the server setup and I can't
figure out what that could be.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what
would prevent this from working?  The server address is in the format of
owa.domain.com/exchange which is a little different than I'm used to
seeing, but that doesn't cause an issue with Windows Mobile.  Is there
something in IIS that needs to be setup to make this work?

Thanks,
Paul