3com 5500G-EI switches. I've defined LACP on the port level and yup,
everything has working as it should for weeks now.

My first supposition is the network, but it's just plain weird how the box
itself locked up and i had to physically shut it down. Nothing in the event
log, that i've seen, triggers much of anything else..