This was a major area of effort in Exchange Server 2007 SP2. These fixes are
not (and as far as I know, will not be) backported to Exchange Server 2003.

Go ahead and bump it to 16K. Then keep track of it. If you hit 16K, you should
seriously considering doing the move-mailbox.

From: Maglinger, Paul [pmaglin...@scvl.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:17 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Event 9667 - Named properties quota limit

Getting the following in the Exchange 2003 server application log:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID:       9667
Date:           8/26/2009
Time:           1:31:25 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       OTIS
Failed to create a new named property for database "First Storage
Group\Mailbox Store (OTIS)" because the number of named properties
reached the quota limit (8192).
User attempting to create the named property: "BESAdmin"
Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046
Named property name/id: "cd"

Googling finds that I can bump the limit up in the registry. That's all
well and good, but it goes on to say that if I hit the 32K limit the
information store won't work anymore.  Okay, so if I bump the registry
setting up to say... 16K, what are the odds that I'll hit that number
any time soon?  And from what I've read, if it hits the 32K mark, the
information store doesn't work anymore.  The fix for this appears to be
creating another database and copying all the mailboxes over to it, but
won't the quota just fill up again eventually?

Paul