I googled and got more confused, so I figured I'd open myself up to ridicule
and maybe start a fight in here.  running E2k3 on W2K3 servers.  On one of
my mailbox servers the data partition that has the ex db files shows 96%
fragmentation. (looking at file fragmentation using windows sys tools defrag
util).
I've seen posts that say the util will skip the .edb file so it's ok to go
ahead and run, but I think I've actually seen defrag hang on an .edb in the
past.

What do you recomend/use IF ANYTHING to do file level defrag of files on a
partition with exchange files on it.  I am NOT asking about defraging the
exchange files.

Thanks for any insight.

jeff