From: Rick Fischer [mailto:uscgolflo...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:36 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Public Folder migration

Hello,
   We have 6 Exchange 2003 servers that host PFs that are essentially our
replacement for PST folders. We could not manage discovery items, etc when
people were using PST folders. What we did was create a PF for each employee
under the PF for the local office. IE: My folder would be Rick Fischer and
located in the San Diego parent folder. What we would like to do is organize
all offices onto the same server but on the 2003 servers they are wherever they
were created depending upon available space at the time. What I would like to
do is use Move Replicas Too.. function to move all replicas from a 2003 server
to a new 2007 server. I would then be able to use PoSh to do tree moves of PFs
onto the servers I really want them on.
   Now I get to my question. If I use Move Replicas Too... will it overwhelm
the Hub server? I assume that if I set replication to only run during the hours
of 8pm and 4am, that would help. Is it possible to setup a temp Hub server and
force the 2003 server to use it without creating a new site in AD? Creating a
new site would require changing IPs and that is not going to happen.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated. If my explanation is unclear, please ask and
I will clarify.
Thanks,
Rick