From: Joseph Heaton [mailto:jhea...@dfg.ca.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 12:55 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Differences between Exchange Standard and Enterprise

Michael,

Yes, asking about 2010.  I've been trying to poke around Microsoft's website
for this information, but what I have found is kind of vague.  Are there any
differences in clustering capabilities between the two versions?  Also, do you
know of a spot anywhere that lists the differences in the CALs?

>>> "Michael B. Smith" <mich...@smithcons.com> 12/8/2009 9:30 AM >>>
I'm guessing we are talking about Exchange Server 2010...

For the _SERVER_ license, that and availability of the external connector are
the only differences.

For the _CAL_, there are loads of differences.

Do note that mailbox resiliency requires Windows Server Enterprise, even though
the feature is available on both Exchange Standard and Exchange Enterprise.