What was the exact message that he received that said it wasn't sent?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Murray Freeman
  To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
  Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 11:04 AM
  Subject: INTERMITTANT SEND ISSUE IN OUTLOOK 2003

  We're using Server 2K3 along with Exchange 2K3 and Outlook 2K3 and this
morning a staff member called me because he had tried to send an email, but got
a message that it wasn't sent and to see an administrator. This has never
happened here before. I suggested that we cut and paste the message into
another email and that worked. When we went back to delete the original, we got
the message that the email had been moved or previously deleted. He told me the
problem occurred again a couple of times, and I assume that he used the "cut
and paste" trick.  We have a staff of 40 and no other staff member has
complained of this issue. Any ideas as to what is happening here?

  Murray