You have OWA available on the outside with HTTPS I take it? And have
also enable Mobile properties on the exchange users mailbox? , you might
get a CERT error on connection that has to be accepted

From: Murray Freeman [mailto:mfree...@alanet.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:34 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: SUING IPHONE TO CONNECT TO EXCHANGE SERVER 2003

We have a user that has an iPhone and wants to use it to access email
from our Exchange Server 2003. We've done some "research" and followed
the instructions, but still have trouble. Any ideas, or instructions
would be appreciated. The iPhone is a 3G s.

Murray

This e-mail, including attachments, contains information that is
confidential and may be protected by attorney/client or other privileges.
This e-mail, including attachments, constitutes non-public information
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not
an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this e-mail, including
attachments, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify me by e-mail reply and delete
the original message and any attachments from your system.