I'm confused.  You're talking site resiliency, then say just an Exchange
server going down which could be translated to high availability.  Which is
it?  What's your scenario and goal?

From: John Bowles [mailto:john.bow...@wlkmmas.org]
Sent: 11 January 2010 18:57
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2010 Site Resilency Clarification

All-

I'm looking at deploying E2K10 at a customer site.  What I'm trying to get
my head around is site resiliency within E2K10.  I understand DAG's and you
can have up to 16 copies of each DB etc...

What I'm trying to figure out is, if Site A goes down how does Site B pick
up within Exchange?  I understand the the DB's will move to Site B.. If I
have a secondary MX record pointing to Site B all mail should flow in and
out correct?  And if Auto Discovery is setup properly that will point all
Outlook clients to the appropriate Exchange server right?

Do I have this concept right?  Or am I missing some points?

(Note* When I say site down, i'm speaking Exchange server going down.. not
total catastrophe)

Thank you,

John Bowles