From: Holstrom, Don [mailto:dholst...@nbm.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 12:23 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Some Exchange/Outlook steps needed?

Too much e-mail keeps hanging around. I have heard that some firms back up
their users' C: drives. Weekly or monthly. This means that the user could
listen to the Outlook request to archive old items, taking it off the Exchange
server. Of course, if they need to see an archived e-mail, they bring it back
in to their Outlook, and there it stays

I have just added a new Exchange server, moving up to 2007, and gave all my
users (less than a hundred) increased sizing. We have no date limit, either. I
could set up the auto archiving to go to one of their folders on a file server.
Don't know if I want to do that, though. Our file server already grows larger
by the day.

What do some of you do for this? I have some users who would never delete
anything if I gave them this option...