From: Bill Humphries [mailto:nt...@hedgedigger.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 4:36 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: exchange 2003 uninstall borked

Hi all,

So, here is my environment.  single domain AD forest with a main office and two
remote offices.  An exchange server setup at each office as a standalone server
with all three in the same organization.  at the two remote offices the
exchange server is also a DC.  AD is 2003.

so, one office got shut down.  I migrated all mailboxes off of that exchange
server and went to uninstall exchange.  It coughed up wanting an install CD in
the middle.  I pointed it to the exchange folder and it gave an error
0XC1037986, but then continued the process, said it finished and asked to
reboot machine.

Upon reboot, Exchange is now missing from add/remove programs, but seems to
still be there.  services are loading and I can still see it in ESM.

Any guidance on how I really should get rid of this now?  I need to get rid of
exchange, and also demote it from DC and eventually re-purpose the box.

My main fear is causing some issue with exchange replication or oab in my
exchange organization.  I don't know if there is anything else I need to fear?

Thanks for any help

Bill