From: chipsh...@comcast.net [mailto:chipsh...@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 6:50 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Domain has unknown Exchange signature

Slowly doing a migration from Exchange 2003 SP2 to Exchange 2010. Using the MS
Exchange Best Practices analyzer returns the Domain has an unknown Exchange
signature. Ref:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997081(EXCHG.80).aspx. My
objectVersion is 12639.

Exchange 2003 was NOT installed using a pre-release version. Additionally, when
installing Exchange 2010, part of the install process was a domain prep. I'm
trying to determine why this error occurs and if it is something I should take
steps to try and correct knowing that the Exchange 2003 server (which is a
domain controller) will eventually be retired from the network. If I leave it
as it is what are the potential issues this may cause moving forward? Thanks.

Steve