Given the full version of BES will support 500 users on 2gb of RAM and a single
processor, putting it with SBS shouldn't be a problem, if the SBS is well
specified.
I have two out in the field already, one on SBS 2003 and one on SBS 2008, and
it is running fine.
My home system is Exchange 2010, Windows 2008 R2 in a VM, with 8gb of RAM and
it also running fine while I complete the migration.

If you are installing it on an SBS, do take heed of the installation
instructions.
DO NOT make it a domain admin, add it to Administrators instead (which is the
equivalent of Local Admin).
Login as besadmin, and do the install through that. The important bit which has
caught some people out is the reboot midway through. After the reboot, you must
login as besadmin immediately.
If you are installing on SBS 2008, then you don't have to install another SQL
instance, use the built in one. It is fine. Alas on SBS 2003 my usual trick of
using the monitoring instance doesn't work for some reason (it did with 4.1).

Once installed, all the admin is web based, so can be done through a browser.
That includes activation of the devices - which doesn't require the desktop
software to be installed.

It is all free, if the Blackberry is on BIS, unless you are on Verizon, which
are apparently telling their customers that they need to upgrade to Enterprise
plan. Whether this is just a misunderstanding is hard to say, as with BES
Express all Enterprise gives you is unlimited data and OTA activation. If you
can connect the device to a PC, then that isn't an issue.

Simon.

--
Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE

e: si...@sembee.co.uk
w: http://www.sembee.co.uk/
w: http://www.amset.info/
w: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0?
http://CertificatesForExchange.com/<http://certificatesforexchange.com/> for
certificates from just $23.99.
Need a domain for your certificate?
http://DomainsForExchange.net/<http://domainsforexchange.net/>