All-

I have a Windows 2K7 server installed into an E2K3 Org.  The client has decided
that they want to go to E2K10 since nothing has been done with E2K7 outside of
the initial install.

The issue I'm facing is that we cannot uninstall E2K7 because the Windows
Firewall service won't start.  Prior, we had an issue with Group Policies and
an exiting Administrator decided to edit the Domain Controller Default Policy
and Default Domain Policy and changed all registry permissions as well as Files
System files. So anything added to the domain was hosed.  Windows Firewall
wouldn't start, couldn't RPC, couldn't connect to the server at all outside
local terminal.

Anyway, so the plan was since you can't upgrade in place the E2K7 server with
E2K10, we needed to uninstall E2K7 first then wipe the server off, reinistall
and then add E2K10.  The problem is it won't allow us to uninstall E2K7 because
of the Windows Firewall.

Has anyone faced this issue when trying to remove an Exchange server?  How did
you work around it to get the box uninstalled?

John Bowles | 301.473.2260