From: Russ Patterson [mailto:rus...@gmail.com]
Sent: 25 March 2010 14:55
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: NLB name and OWA

Hello all -

We've decided to go with a WIndows NLB cluster for a CAS array on Exchange
2010. I'm seeing conflicting info about naming & was hoping the experts here
would chime in & help us out.

The name of the NLB cluster - should it be the same as the name we give
end-users to access OWA externally? Some folks are saying no, others are
saying yes. As an example - nlb.ourdomain.local for the NLB cluster, and
endusers use mail.ourdomain.com for owa.

If we don't do that, will we need to add the nlb cluster name to our cert
request?

Is the only reason to use the same name for both to reduce the number of
names (& therefore cost) on the cert request?

Is the only reason to use different names to reduce troubleshooting
confusion, if it becomes necessary?

Thanks!