From: Jason Gurtz [mailto:jasongu...@npumail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 3:46 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: [MARKETING] Auto-deleting

> I have a user that's attempting to permanently delete emails over 3
> months old in a single Outlook folder using the auto-archive
> functionality. Nothing is being deleted. I've checked her OL
> configuration and it seems correct, but I've never used the feature.
>
> Any common reasons why emails might not delete?

Auto-archive uses the "modified" date (no it isn't listed in commonly
used
fields in the field chooser).

Something about how importing from a pst resets the modified date to
System.date.now(); Yes, it's a mis-feature (no matter what that Outlook
MVP says!).

Check that out, I think there might be other common reasons too, but
none
are coming to mind right now.  If you google outlook auto archive
modified
date you'll probably find stuff.

Have a nice W.E. everybody :)

~JasonG