There are some suggested ways on this site.
http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_disable_prev.htm

Alice

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Rose [mailto:derek.r...@sten-tel.com]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 6:45 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Prevent Reading/Preview Pane

I don't have concrete proof of this, and I know this begs other
questions, but we had an incident recently where someone opened an
e-mail or scrolled over it - and, the preview pane allowed a virus to
get into our environment.  I know, I know - lots of other problems with
this.  Just trying to find out a way to disable this functionality if
possible.  All users are on Outlook 2007 SP2.