From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:mich...@smithcons.com]
Sent: 19 April 2010 18:31
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Configuring RPC/HTTPS in a Multiple Cluster 2003 Environment

Wildcards can be made to work. I did it years ago (but I'm shocked that
anyone would be deploying a new feature on 2003 at this late date!), but
can't find any notes I made about it.

AFAICR, You'll need the external fqdn, the wildcard fqdn (*.example.com),
the fqdn and shortnames of the fe, the be, and the proxy server. It'll be a
long long validports entry.

I'm pretty sure you'll also have to set "this server is not a member of a
managed front-end/back-end RPC/HTTP network" for all servers.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith

Consultant and Exchange MVP

http://TheEssentialExchange.com