From: Don Andrews [mailto:don.andr...@safeway.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:58 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: [MALWARE FREE]RE: Is an internal open relay allowed?

I don't think RFC rules have exceptions for public schools.  Seems to me that
if the domain they are trying to send from is ok with it (i.e. includes your IP
in their SPF record etc.), it's ok - otherwise many receiving domains would not
accept the attempted send as your IP was not a valid sender of email for that
domain.