From: Mike Tellson [mailto:micha...@colonialsavings.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:32 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Retention Policy

Management is considering changing what the current email retention policy
parameters are.    Our current policy is to purge all messages older than X
days, but we do not restrict the use of PST files.  This policy has encouraged
most employees create PST files.  This effectively has made the retention
policy irrelevant.  We are considering importing all PST data into an email
archive product (yet to be purchased) and disabling the ability to use PST
files.  Because so many users do not comply with the existing policy we will
probably change the policy to something that the user base is more apt to
adhere to.

What are your retention policies set to?  What is the reason why you chose the
settings you have in place?