From: Vandael Tim [mailto:tim.vand...@khlim.be]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:24 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Is an internal open relay allowed?

Hello all,

Any of you guys here that is familiar with the RFC rules for email?
Are we as a public school allowed to send mail from other domains?
The reason I'm asking it is an internal discussion we have here.
We are moving to exchange 2010 and the old open internal relay is going to be
shut down in a few months.
So we have a lot of users complaining about the fact that they are not being be
able to send mail from their home address through our exchange system.

Anyone that can point me to the right information about this issue?

Thnx!

Met vriendelijke groeten,

KHLim
Katholieke Hogeschool Limburg                                   Associatie
KULeuven
http://www.khlim.be<http://www.khlim.be/>

Tim Vandael
ICT Systeembeheerder

Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan gebouw B, bus 1, 3590 Diepenbeek
T +32 11 23 08 94 - F +32 11 23 07 89 - G +32 478 40 52 36
tim.vand...@khlim.be<mailto:tim.vand...@khlim.be>

<<inline: image001.gif>>