> Thanks ... I have no access to the login script nor GPO for this
project,
> software is being delivered over the web via SaaS and I'll need to
delete
> the extend.dat as part of the MSI/Winstall packaging

Why not have the installer check for a running Outlook and prompt to
close, etc...

If it's a silent install, you could have the installer return a code and
log all the stations that have a running outlook and deal with them later.

At worst, just system(tskill outlook.exe); before doing the delete :)

No matter what, make management decide what to do and sign off on it
before doing anything.  Otherwise, it's your backside...

~JasonG