From: Paul Steele [mailto:paul.ste...@acadiau.ca]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 11:37 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2003 to 2010 issues

We did as much testing as we could in our test lab, so we moved ahead and
installed our production Exchange 2010 server. The installation went fine
without any errors, but we're have delivery problems.

We've been preparing for a transition from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010.
We've done various test installs in our  lab and thought we had everything
figured out. Unfortunately we're having mail delivery  problems after
completing the install. The actual installation went without problems. We have
a shared address space, with some users on our Exchange server and some on a
Unix host. The biggest issue we're having is sending to users who are not on
our Exchange server. We've set the Accepted Domains for "acadiau.ca" to
Internal Relay, but when we try to send to
usern...@acadiau.ca<mailto:usern...@acadiau.ca> that does not exist in the
Exchange name space, the message bounces (it never makes it to our Unix smart
host). We've compared things with our test servers and everything looks
correct. At this point we've very confused what we're doing wrong. If anyone
has a suggestion what to look for we really appreciate it.