A more constructive answer :
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179067(office.14).aspx

"Offline folder (.ost file) recommendations: When you deploy Cached
Exchange Mode for Outlook, be aware that users' local .ost files can
increase 50 percent to 80 percent over the size of the mailbox reported
in Exchange Server. The format Outlook uses to store data locally for
Cached Exchange Mode is less space-efficient than the server data file
format. This results in the use of more disk space when mailboxes are
downloaded to provide a local copy for Cached Exchange Mode.

When Cached Exchange Mode first creates a local copy of a user's
mailbox, the user's current .ost file, if one exists, is updated. If
users currently have non-Unicode ANSI-formatted .ost files, we recommend
that you upgrade their .ost files to Unicode. Non-Unicode (ANSI) Outlook
files have a limit of 2 gigabytes (GB) of data storage. The maximum size
for Unicode .ost files is configurable, with the default being 50 GB of
data storage."

You may also try to do a compress on the OST file to see if you reclaim
the space.

I am doing my 2010 upgrade sometime next week.  My OST is about 6 gig
right now, so I am curious as well.

Greg