From: Russ Patterson [mailto:rus...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 4:41 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: More Digital Cert woes (somewhat off topic)

I got the cert for our 2010 CAS server & installed successfully this morning
(Thanks Michael B.) Everything was flowing smoothly for a few hours, so we
decided to export the cert & install it on our 2007 CAS server. We'll be using
both for several days/weeks as we migrate fully to 2010. (Split DNS, trying to
economize on names in the SAN as much as possible.) The cert does not have the
2007 CAS server name as one of the SAN entries. We changed all the internal
URLs that looked pertinent to a name that was a SAN entry, but now we are
getting this error from Communicator:

---------------------------
Microsoft Office Communicator 2007
---------------------------
Communicator is in the process of trying to locate your Exchange Web Services.
Your Outlook calendar information and Out of Office message may not be
available and your calls may not be forwarded based on your working hours.
OK

This error occurs as Communicator is starting up; if you click YES on the
digital cert nag (2 green check marks, then a red X on "The name on the
security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site") that
pops up with it Communicator starts with no other issues. You then get the same
nag (2 green checkmarks & the red X) when you start Outlook. Any suggestions as
to what else I need to change to get rid of the nag?