100.

>From http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638137.aspx

"Each Mailbox server can host a maximum of 100 databases (total combined
number of active and passive databases). The total number of databases
equals the combined number of active and passive databases on a server. The
recovery database doesn't count against the 100 database limit."

From: Sobey, Richard A [mailto:r.so...@imperial.ac.uk]
Sent: 07 May 2010 10:22
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Database limit in Exchange 2010 Enterprise

Morning  all,

I've just spent about 30 minutes trying to find the answer to this with no
luck so I'm hoping one of you will know the answer.

I know Exchange 2010 has deprecated Storage Groups and there used to be a
limit of 50 SGs. What is the new limit with respect to databases? Is it 50?
I've heard that you can now have up to 100 active or passive copies of a
database per server.

I will be using Enterprise Edition.

What is the truth?

Thanks