From: Shih, Henry [mailto:hms...@ci.livermore.ca.us]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 1:53 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: p2v on production Exchange server (a physical Dell server)

What do you think?

The hardware warranty on our 2003 Exchange server will be expired soon and
can't be renewed. The idea is to make a "copy" of the server (perform a p2v) at
VMware. In case of Dell server failure, we can restore the information store
onto that virtual server (the copy) and put it into production. We can have at
least a identical server to restore the database quickly without fixing the
physical server.

Thanks.

Henry Shih
System Administrator