On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 6:32 PM, James Bensley <jwbens...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... each user can have more than one connection to mailbox so
> at 3 connections each they would exceed the default of 16 ...

  I know Outlook Express used to do this.  It would open a new IMAP
connection for practically every operation.  Caused serious
performance trouble on a (non-Exchange) mail server I was admin'ing at
the time.

  That was several years ago, so Outlook Express/Windows Mail/Live
Mail/whatever-it's-called-this-month may be different now, but point
is that some mail clients are worse than others.

-- Ben