From: Joe Pochedley [mailto:joe.poched...@fivesgroup.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:25 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: IPhone connectivity with Exchange

Remember that the iPhone is, first and foremost, a consumer device.
Corporate manageability is an afterthought to Apple.  (At least they've
made some effort.........)

Furthermore, Apple has fought very hard against the idea that the iPhone
is a "mini computer."  Hence you don't have direct access to the file
system, can't install apps without it iTunes store, etc (without
jailbreaking at least).

So far, this strategy has worked very well for Apple, so I wouldn't
expect a change of heart any time soon.

JP