Did you install the cert on the iPhone?

I'm not sure exactly what fixed my problem, I know I had installed the cert
on my phone, previously, based on information I'd read earlier.  The last
thing I did do was make sure that oma worked.  I may have had a few Exchange
updates outstanding that I took care of, too.  It was a side project and
only benefited me at the time, so I wasn't carefully monitoring my actions.